What do you mean by ‘Research’? What are its characteristics? Explain the most common problems faced by researchers in India?
Research attempts to find answers to intellectual and practical questions through application of systematic methods. Some people consider research as a movement, a movement from the known to the unknown.
1.Empirical Research is based on direct experience or observation by the researcher.
2. Logical Research is based on valid procedures and principles.
5. Critical Research exhibits careful and precise judgment.
Problems faced by researchers in India
- The lack of scientific training in the methodological of research is a great impediment for research in our country. Most of the work, which goes in the name of research, is not methodologically sound. Research to many researchers and even to their guides, is mostly a scission and paste job without any in sight shed on the collated materials.
- This is insufficient interaction between the university research department on one side and a business establishment, government department and research station on the other side. Effects should be made to develop satisfactory liaison among all concerned for better and realistic research.
- Most of the business units in our country do not have the confidence that the material supplied by then, to researches will not be misused and as such they and often reluctant in supplying the needed information to researchers.
- Research studies overlapping one another are under-taker quite often for want of adequate information. This results in duplication and fritters away resources. This problem can be solved by proper completion and revision, at regular intervals, of a list of subjects on revision, at regular intervals, of a list of subjects on which and the places where the research is going on.
- There does not exist a code for researchers and inter-university and inter-departmental rivalries are also quite common.
- Many researchers in our country also face the difficulty of adequate and timely secretariat assistance, including computer assistance. This causes unnecessary delays in the completion of research studies.