(Held in January 2019)
Group – A
Full Marks: 80
Time: Three Hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions.
1. (a) What do you mean by Industrial relations? What is there importance? Describe the conditions for good industrial relations.
(b) Explain the different approaches to Industrial relations.
2. (a) Discuss the objectives and scope of workers education.
(b) Why do workers organize into trade units? Explain the obstacles in the growth of strong trade unionism in India.
3. (a) What are the different forms of industrial dispute? Explain the main causes for disputes.
(b) What is grievance procedure? Bring out its merits and demerits.
4. (a) “Participation of workers in management is claimed to usher in an era of industrial democracy”.—Comment.
(b) Discuss the nature, structure and role of collective bargaining. Outline an ideal process of collective bargaining.
5. (a) What is arbitration? How does it help resolve industrial conflict?
(b) Write short notes on:
Ø Industrial Peace