(Held in January 2019)
(Indian Financial System)
Group – B
Full Marks: 80
Time: Three Hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions.
1. (a) Briefly explain how financial system can contribute to the economic development of a country.
(b) Give an overview of the regulatory framework that regulates the Indian Financial System.
2. (a) “The National Stack Exchange brings tremendous changes to the Indian Capital Market” Explain and justify this statement.
(b) What do you mean by money market ? Discuss the steps taken by RBI to develop the Indian Money Market.
3. (a) Discuss in brief about the banking sector reforms that has been made during the post 1991 period.
(b) Write short notes on:
(i) Universal Banking
(ii) Function of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority in India (IRDA).
4. (a) Compare the relative advantages and disadvantages equity shares and preference shares. Which one you will prefer for your portfolio? Give reasons.
(b) Write brief notes on :
Ø Working capital loan
Ø Commercial paper
Ø Treasury Bills
Ø Credit Derivatives.
5. (a) Discuss in brief about any four common forms of foreign capital flow to India.
(b) Discuss in brief about Government guidelines for Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs) to invest in Indian Financial Market.