(Organizational Behavior and Theory)
Full Marks – 80
Time – Three Hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions.
Answer all the questions.
1. (a) What is meant by “organizing”? Briefly explain the steps involved in the organizing process. 4+12=16
(b) What is the contingency approach to organization? Explain its salient features. 9+7=16
2. (a) Explain the term Departmentation. Examine the factors that govern the choice of any particular basis of departmentation. 6+10=16
(b) Explain the sources of authority and discuss the reasons for delegating the authority. 8+8=16
3. (a) Describe the basic process by which learning takes place. Is the use of reinforcement sufficient to change behavior effectively? 9+7=16
(b) State and explain the differences between the theory X and theory Y. 16
4. (a) Bring out the essence of Porter and Lawer theory of motivation. Do you think that the model is comprehensive? Justify your answer with examples. 16
(b) “Good leadership is an integral part of effective direction.” Discuss the statement. 16
5. (a) What criteria are used for judging the effectiveness of an organization? How does the degree of integration of goals affect organizational accomplishment? 9+7=16
(b) Write short notes on any two of the following: 8+8=16
1) Communication process.
2) Communication networks.
3) Characteristics of grapevine.
4) Formal communication.