Group – B
Full Marks: 80
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions
1. (a) What do you mean by Portfolio Management? Discuss in detail about the portfolio management procedure and strategy. 6+12=18
(b) Explain the meaning of listing of securities in Stock Exchanges. What are the conditions to be fulfilled by a company to list their securities in any exchange? 6+12=18
2. (a) Discuss the regulatory provisions which are to be followed by the Mutual Fund Institution operating in India. 10
(b) Briefly explain: 5+5=10
1) Close ended Fund.
2) Open ended Fund.
3. (a) Give an overview of Venture Capital financing in India. 10
(b) What do you mean by Venture Capital? Explain how venture capital can support the technological revolution. 3+7=10
4. (a) What do you mean by leasing? Discuss the importance of leasing as a vehicle of finance. 3+7=10
(b) Distinguish between: 10
1) Hire purchase and Lease.
2) Financial lease and Operating lease.
5. (a) Discuss in detail how do credit rating agencies rate an instrument. 16
(b) Explain briefly about the rating process and methodology followed by Indian Rating agencies. 16
6. Write short notes on: (any two) 8×2=16
1) Indian Direct Investment abroad.
2) Foreign Direct investment.
3) Drawbacks of foreign capital.
4) NRI Investment in India.