(Held in January 2016)
Group – B
Full Marks: 80
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions
1. (a) Discuss the role and responsibility of the Merchant Bankers during the pre-issue and post-issue period of corporate securities. 13
(b) Discuss in detail about Portfolio Management strategy and procedure followed by Portfolio managers. 13
2. (a) Briefly explain the following: (any one) 5
1) Listing requirement of stock exchanges.
2) Registration of Merchant Bankers.
3. (a) Discuss the salient features of the SEBI regulations regarding mutual funds. 10
(b) Discuss about the organizational structure of a mutual fund institution operating in our country. 10
4. (a) What do you mean by Venture Capital? How does it differ from financial provided by Development Banks? 4+6=10
(b) Who can provide venture capital? Discuss in brief about the functions of venture capital institutions in India. 5+5=10
5. (a) What do you mean by Lease Agreement? Discuss about the contents of the lease agreement. 3+7=10
(b) Elucidate the factors that influence the lessee in selecting a lessor. 10
6. (a) Explain the objectives, scope and limitations of credit rating services. 16
(b) Write short notes on: 8×2=16
1) Registration of credit rating institutions.
2) Credit Analysis and Research Ltd. (CARE).
7. Write explanatory notes on: (any two) 8×2=16
a) Disadvantages of Foreign Capital inflows.
b) Investment made by OCBs.
c) Investment made by NRIs in India.
d) External Commercial Borrowing (ECB).