(Held in January 2016)
Group – B
(Indian Financial System)
Full Marks: 80
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions
1. (a) Give an overview of Regulatory Framework of Indian Financial System. 16
(b) Discuss the role of Financial Institutions in Economic Development of a country like India. 16
2. (a) What do you mean by Depository System? Discuss the role played by Indian Depositors in Indian Capital Market. 6+10=16
(b) What do you mean by New Issue Market (NIM)? Discuss in brief about functions of any two types Prime Financial Institutions offering services in NIM. 4+12=16
3. (a) Write a brief note on Banking sector reforms during the post economic liberalization period. 16
(b) What do you understand by Mutual Fund? Discuss the salient features of the SEBI (Mutual Funds) Regulations 1996. 6+10=16
4. Write short notes on: (any two) 8×2=16
a) Certificate of Deposit.
b) Derivative instruments.
c) Innovative Dept. Instruments.
d) Short term sources of finance.
5. (a) What do you mean by foreign capital inflow? Write briefly about advantages and disadvantages of foreign capital. 6+10=16
(b) Write notes on: 8×2=16
1) External Commercial borrowing.
2) Foreign Direct Investments (FDI).