(Held in January 2016)
Full Marks: 80
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions
1. (a) Discuss about the Tasks and Philosophies of Marketing management. 16
(b) What is marketing system? What are its components or sub-systems? 7+9=16
2. (a) Discuss the steps involved in Consumer Decision making process. 16
(b) What is Marketing Information system? Discuss the need for an orderly ongoing marketing Information system. 8+8=16
3. (a) Define Product Planning and Development. Describe the stages in Product Planning process. 8+8=16
(b) Describe the various internal and external forces that influence the pricing strategy of a firm. 16
4. (a) Comment on the role of distribution channels in marketing and distribution. 16
(b) Explain the process of Communication in marketing. Give illustrations. 16
5. Write a brief note on any four of the following: 4×4=16
a) Factors affecting marketing environment.
b) Product Differentiation.
c) Benefit Segmentation.
d) International marketing.
e) Rural marketing.
f) Relationship marketing.
g) Service Versus Social marketing.