(Held in January 2017)
Group – B
Full Marks: 80
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions
1. (a) Discuss in detail about the Registration and Regulation of Merchant Bankers. 13
(b) Discuss the obligation and responsibility of Portfolio managers in connection with Portfolio Management. 13
(c) Briefly explain the following (any one): 5
1) Code of conduct of Portfolio Managers.
2) Objectives of Merchant Bankers.
2. (a) “Investing in securities through mutual funds is a better choice than direct investment.” Explain the statement. 10
(b) Discuss the parameters for evaluating of mutual funds scheme in India. 10
3. (a) Give a description of institutional arrangement of Venture Capital supply in Indian Capital Market. 10
(b) What are the Government of India’s guidelines for the Venture Capital Companies in the country? 10
4. (a) What do you understand by Leasing? State its advantages and limitations. 2+4+4=10
(b) Explain the various types of Lease Financing. 10
5. (a) Explain the process and types of Credit rating Services. 16
(b) Write short notes on: 8×2=16
1) Credit Rating and Information Services of India (CRISIL).
2) Investment Information and Credit Rating Agency in India (ICRA).
6. Write explanatory notes on any two: 8×2=16
a) Need and importance of Foreign Capital Investment.
b) Role of International Financial Instruments.
c) Trends in Foreign Capital inflows in India.
d) Regulatory aspects of FIIS.