(Held in January 2018)
Group – B
Full Marks: 80
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions
1. (a) Who are merchant bankers? Discuss about the services offered by merchant bankers to the capital market with reference to the SEBI regulation. 6+12=18
(b) Briefly explain the following: 6×3=18
1) New Issue Market.
2) Listing of Securities.
3) Responsibilities of Portfolio Managers.
2. (a) Why mutual fund mechanism is considered as very useful vehicle for investment to the small investors? Explain. 10
(b) Give an overview of mutual fund investment in India. 10
3. (a) Discuss the importance of Venture capital financing. Why Venture capital financing service is not satisfactory in Assam? 10
(b) Discuss the purpose for which the Venture Capital institutions are providing funds and why? 10
4. (a) Make a comparative discussion on lease financing and debt financing. 10
(b) What is Lease Agreement? Discuss about the contents of a model lease agreement. 10
5. (a) What do you mean by Credit Rating? Discuss how the credit rating mechanism can help in protecting the rights of investors in the financial market. 6+10=16
(b) Discuss about the services offered by Investment Information and Credit Rating Agency of India (ICRA). 16
6. (a) What do you mean by flow of foreign capital? Discuss the role played by Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the flow of foreign capital in our country. 16
(b) Briefly explain the following: 8×2=16
1) External Commercial Borrowing (ECB).
2) Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPIs).