(Held in January 2018)
Full Marks: 80
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions
1. (a) Mention the uncontrollable variables influencing the marketing strategies and policies of a firm in a competitive market. Describe any two such variables. 16
(b) What do you understand by the “New Concept of Marketing”? Discuss the various components of Marketing Mix. 6+10=16
2. (a) Discuss the causes of growing consumerism. What are the remedies to provide consumer satisfaction? 10+6=16
(b) What do you mean by term “buyer behaviour”? Illustrate and explain the consumer decision making at different levels. 6+10=16
3. Write short notes on: (any two): 8×2=16
a) Pricing Setting Mechanism.
b) Product mix.
c) Valued Added package.
d) Product Life Cycle.
4. (a) Critically evaluate the marketing and social aspects of promotion. Should it be controlled by law? Justify. 16
(b) Define channel of distribution. Indicate the relative importance of different channels. 8+8=16
5. Answer briefly on any two of the following: 8+8=16
a) Compare and contrast primary and secondary data of information.
b) Social Marketing versus Service Marketing.
c) Discuss the role of relationship marketing.
d) Explain the features of rural marketing in India.