(Held in January 2019)
Group – B
Full Marks: 80
Time: Three Hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions.
1. (a) Discuss the role and responsibility of merchant bankers in pre-Issue and post Issue management of New Issue Market. 18
(b) Write short notes on the following: 6×3=18
1) Portfolio Management Procedure.
2) Preparation and Issue of Prospectus.
3) Registration of Merchant Bankers in Indian Capital Market.
2. Write explanatory notes on the following: (any two) 5×2=10
1) Equity linked Mutual Fund.
2) Index Fund.
3) Open-ended Fund.
4) Mid-Cap Fund.
3. (a) Discuss the importance of venture capital finance to small and micro enterprises. 10
(b) What are the factors that are analyzed by venture capitalists while deciding on investments? 10
4. (a) Trace the factors that have facilitated the growth of the leasing industry in India. 10
(b) What is lease financing? Discuss the economical aspects of lease financing. 3+7=10
5. (a) What is credit rating? Discuss the role of credit rating in industrial development of a country. 6+10=16
(b) Briefly explain the methodology adopted by credit rating agencies in India. Give your comment regarding its credibility to the capital market. 10+6=16
6. Write explanatory notes on any two of the following: 8×2=16
a) Foreign Direct Investment.
b) Foreign Institutional Investors.
c) International Finance Instruments.
d) Limitations of foreign capital.