(Held in January 2019)
(Indian Financial System)
Group – B
Full Marks: 80
Time: Three Hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions.
1. (a) Discuss the importance of Financial Market and Financial Instruments to the Financial System of a country. 8+8=16
(b) Discuss the powers and functions of the Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) 16
2. (a) What do you mean by Money Market? Discuss role of RBI as a regulator of Money and credit. 16
(b) Write brief notes on the following: 16
1) National Stock Exchange (NSE).
2) Depository System in Indian Capital Market.
3. (a) What do you mean by Merchant Bankers? Discuss the role of Merchant Bankers to the Indian Primary Capital Market. 4+12=16
(b) What do you mean by Mutual Fund Scheme? Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of Mutual Fund Investment. 6+10=16
4. Briefly explain any two of the following: 8+8=16
1) Credit Derivatives.
2) Treasury Bills.
3) Certificate of Deposits.
4) Short-term sources of finance.
5. (a) Discuss the importance of Foreign Capital to Indian economy. What initiatives have been taken by the Government of India to encourage foreign capital inflow to India? 8+8=16
(b) Briefly explain the following: 8+8=16
1) NRI Investment in India.
2) International Financial Instruments.