(Held in January 2019)
Full Marks: 80
Time: Three Hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions.
1. (a) What is Modern Marketing? What new waves of thought have come to light in today’s marketing? Elaborate. 4+12=16
(b) What do you understand by the term ‘Marketing mix’? Indicate the importance of marketing mix in modern marketing system. 4+12=16
2. (a) What are the different tools used by the marketer to study the buying behaviour? Discuss the Consumer decision making process. 6+10=16
(b) Can marketing research solve all marketing problems? Justify your arguments with examples. 16
3. Write short notes on: (any two) 8×2=16
c) Pricing objectives.
d) New Product.
4. (a) What is Marketing Communication? Discuss the factors that influence the marketing communication process. 2+14=16
(b) What is a channel of distribution? Discuss the factors governing the choice of channels of distribution. 4+12=16
5. Answer briefly on any two of the following: 8+8=16
a) Explain the process of environmental analysis in marketing.
b) Importance of Market Segmentation.
c) Domestic Marketing vs. International Marketing.
d) Discuss the benefit of e-marketing.