Dibrugarh University B. Com 5th Sem Question Papers CBCS Pattern
5th SEM TDC DSE COM (CBCS) 501 GR-III
Consumer Behaviour Question Paper 2021
(Held in January/February, 2022
COMMERCE (Discipline Specific Elective)
Full Marks: 80
Pass Marks: 32
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions.
1. State whether the following statements are True or False: 1×8=8
(a) Attitude is an element of psychological factors.
(b) Cultural values keep on changing through the passage of time.
(c) Marketing segmentation helps in understanding consumer behaviour.
(d) Consumer behaviour is the reaction of individuals in obtaining and using goods and services.
(e) Window dressing attracts customers.
(f) Exposure is the first stage in the information search process.
(g) Consumer’s feedback is a useful tool for handling the market situation.
(h) Busing process starts with information search.
2. Write short notes on any three of the following: 4×3=12
(a) Consumer involvement.
(b) Decisions rules.
(c) Buyers Black Box.
(e) Life cycle of consumers.
3. (a) What do you mean by consumer behaviour? How does it differ from consumption behaviour? 4+8=12
(b) Critically analyze the process of consumer decisions. 12
4. (a) What do you understand by information search? Discuss the factors influencing information search. 4+8=12
(b) What do you understand by buying motives? Discuss the importance of consumer motivation. 4+8=12
5. (a) What do you understand by reference groups? Discuss about the groups of consumers who are easily influenced by reference groups. 4+8=12
(b) Discuss in detail the impact of social class on consumer behaviour. 12
6. (a) Discuss in detail how socio-cultural factors influence consumer behaviour. 12
(b) Discuss the personal factors which influence the consumer behaviour. 12
7. (a) Explain the concept of personality and lifestyle in the context of consumer behaviour. 12
(b) Discuss the psychological factors of consumer behaviour. 12