Dibrugarh University B.Com 5th Sem Question Papers CBCS Pattern
5th SEM TDC DSE COM (CBCS) 502 (GR-II)
Human Resource Development Question Paper 2021
(Held in January/February, 2022)
COMMERCE (For Honours/Non-Honours)
Full Marks: 80 (Pass Marks: 32)
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions.
1. Answer the following as directed: 1×8=8
(a) Give one example of HRD programme.
(b) In India, human resource development interventions were introduced initially in Larsen & Turbo (L&T) in 1975. (Write True or False)
(c) Business planning is a subsystem of HRD. (Write True or False)
(d) The element of HRD climate includes
(1) General climate.
(2) HRD culture.
(3) HRD mechanism.
(4) All of the above. (Choose the correct answer)
(e) Mention one feature of strategic HRD.
(f) Business strategy need not be fit with HRD strategy. (Write True or False)
(g) Point out one objective of training in an industrial organization.
(h) Conference and seminar are on-the-job/of-the-job method of training and development. (Choose the correct answer)
2. Write short notes on any four of the following: 4×4=16
(a) Objective of HRD.
(b) Growth of HRD in Indian industries.
(c) Components of organizational culture.
(d) HRD climate.
(e) Identification of training needs.
(f) Management development.
3. What do you mean by HRD? Discuss the importance and need of HRD in a giant industrial enterprise. 4+10=14
Discuss the position of HRD in human resource management of multinational companies.
4. What do you mean by HRD structure? Explain the HRD structures with the help of suitable figures in different organizations. 2+12=14
Briefly explain the HRD system. Discuss the various subsystems of HRD. 4+10=14
5. Write the characteristics of SHRD along with its objectives. 8+6=14
What do you mean by SHRD? Describe the principles of SHRD. 4+10=14
6. What is training? Explain any five methods of training. 4+10=14
Why is evaluation of training essential? Discuss Donald Kirkpatrick’s evaluation model of training. 6+8=14