Dibrugarh University B.Com 3rd Sem Question Papers
3 SEM TDC HRM (CBCS) C 305
Human Resource Management Question Paper’ 2021
(Held in January/February, 2022)
Full Marks: 80
Pass Marks: 32
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions
1. Answer the following as directed:
(a) HRD develops capabilities and competencies only at the individual level. (Write True or False) 1
(b) Mention one of the causes of industrial disputes. 1
(c) HRD is an interdisciplinary concept. (Write True or False) 1
(d) What do you mean by ‘induction’? 1
(e) State two points of distinction between job description and job specification. 2
(f) Mention one of the basic advantages of making seniority as the basis of promotion. 1
(g) Promotion means decrease in rank and demotion means increase in rank. (Write True or False) 1
2. Write short notes on any four of the following (within 150 words each): 4×4=16
(a) HR policies.
(b) Importance of Human Resource Planning (HRP)
(c) Objectives of Management Development Programmes.
(d) Advantages of job evaluation.
(e) Fringe benefits.
3. (a) Explain the meaning of human resource. Examine the role of HR managers in a changing economic scenario. 4+8=12
(b) Explain the concept of HRIS and its significance in a dynamic global environment. 4+8=12
4. (a) What is Job Analysis? Elaborate the process of job analysis. 3+8=11
(b) Briefly outline the most commonly used methods of recruiting people. 11
5. (a) “Training offers innumerable benefits to both employers and employees.” Discuss. 11
(b) Briefly explain the various methods of training. 11
6. (a) What do you mean by ‘performance appraisal’? Discuss its significance. 3+8=11
(b) How does an effective compensation management programme help an organization to achieve its strategic objectives? 11
7. (a) Give a comprehensive view of workers’ health and safety measures offered in Indian industries. 11
(b) Define the term ‘grievance’. Explain the advantages of having a grievance handling mechanism in an organization. 3+8=11