Dibrugarh University B. Com 5th Sem Question Papers CBCS Pattern
5th SEM TDC DSE COM (CBCS) 502 GR-III
Retail Management Question Paper 2021
(Held in January/February, 2022)
Paper: DSE-502 (Group-III)
Full Marks: 80
Pass Marks: 32
Time: 3 hours.
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions.
1. Answer the following as directed: 1×8=8
(a) Write the full form of FMCG.
(b) Retailing provides three utilities homely which are: (Choose the correct answer)
(1) Time, place, and price.
(2) Time, money and price.
(3) Time, popularity and possession.
(4) Time, place and possession.
(c) In combination store, luxury merchandise sales usually account for 30% – 40% of total store sales. (Write True or False)
(d) Price discrimination is a pricing policy where a retailer charges different prices from different customers for the same merchandise. (Write True or False)
(e) McDonald’s, NIIT and Koutons are the examples of (Choose the correct answer)
(3) Chain store.
(f) India is dominated by _______ retailers. (Independent/organized/grocery/chain store)
(g) Wal-Mart has tie-up with (Choose the correct answer)
(1) Bharti Enterprises.
(2) Reliance Retail.
(3) Aditya Birla.
(h) What does plastic money mean?
2. Write short notes on any four of the following: 4×4=16
(a) Physical Distribution.
(b) Inventory Control.
(d) Convenience Store.
3. (a) What do you mean by retail business? Explain the functions of a retailer in a competitive business environment. 4+7=11
(b) What do you understand by the term ‘retailer’? Discuss the various reasons for growth of retail sector in India. 4+7=11
4. (a) Discuss the features of departmental store. How are they different from supermarket? 5+6=11
(b) Describe the different types of retailing in India. 11
5. (a) What is supply chain management? Discuss the elements of logistics management. 4+7=11
(b) What is ideal location? What factors must be considered while analyzing a trading area? 4+7=11
6. (a) What is transportation management? What factors are considered for transport optimization? 4+7=11
(b) What is warehousing? Discuss its benefit in retailing. 11
7. (a) What are the challenges of Indian retail sector? 12
(b) Discuss the global trends of retail sector and also discuss the recent trend in Indian retail sector. 6+6=12