Full Marks: 100
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the question
- Answer as directed: (8)
- In which year were the Presidency Banks of India amalgamated?
- The Banking Regulation Act was passed in the year .
- What is barter system?
- State a characteristic of inflation.
- Write the full form of ATM.
- Who is a bank customer?
- Overdraft facility can be availed in current/savings/fixed deposit account. [Choose the correct answer]
- Write what is indigenous banker.
- What do you mean by trade cycle? (2)
- Give the meaning of Banking Ombudsman. (2)
- Write two advantages of current account. (2)
- Name any two public sector banks of India. (2)
- State two important functions of commercial banks. (2)
- What are the different types of e-banking services? (2)
- Explain the types of loans given by the commercial bank. (3)
- State the procedure of opening joint account. (3)
- Explain why Central Bank is called ‘lender of last resort’. (3)
- State any three stimulating effects of inflation. (3)
- Discuss the general utility functions of a bank. (5)
- State about licensing of banks. (5)
- What are the differences between Commercial Bank and Central Bank? (5)
- Describe the Characteristics of Regional Rural Bank. (5)
17 (a). What are the main phases of trade cycle? (5)
(b) Explain the meaning of depression.
18(a) State any two selective credit control techniques adopted by the RBI. (5)
(b) Describe the procedure of opening a bank account in the name of a minor.
19 (a). Discuss the evolution, origin and growth of banking in India. (8)
(b) What do you mean by internal and external organization of commercial bank? Describe the different departments of a commercial bank.
- Discuss the causes and effects of inflation. (8)
21 (a) Explain in brief the various functions of the Central Bank. (8)
(b) Explain the function of Central Bank as (a) Bank of note issue and (b) Banker’s Bank. (4+4=8)
- Write short notes on any two of the following: (4*2=8)
(a) Banker’s clearing house.
(b) Investment bank.
(e) Pay-in-slip book.