Full Marks: 100
Time: 3 hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the question
1. Answer the following:
A. Fill in the blanks: (1*2=2)
a) Reserve Bank of India was established on 1st April, .
b) Overdraft facility is given against the Accounts only.
B. Write full form of the following abbreviations: (1*2=2)
C. Choose the correct answer from the alternative given below: (1*2=2)
a) Which of the following departments is not considered as department of a bank?
1. Advanced Department
2. Established Department
3. Cultural Department
4. Cash & Clearing Department.
b) Which system of Note Issue was followed by the Reserve Bank of India till 1956?
1. Minimum Reserve System
2. Percentage Deposit System
3. Proportional Reserve System
4. Upto Paid-up capital.
D. Write ‘True’ or ‘False’: (1*2=2)
a) The customer is the main beneficiary of the Internet Banking .
b) The presidency banks were established under the Charter of East India Company.
2. Write the meaning of Bank. (2)
3. Give a short note on Recurring Deposit Account. (2)
4. What is Debit Card? (2)
5. What do you mean by trade cycle? (2)
6. What is Land Development Bank? (2)
7. Write the name of three private sector banks. (3)
8. Briefly explain the principles of Note Issue of Reserve Bank of India. (3)
9. Write three features of Saving Bank Account. (3)
10. State why Central Bank is called ‘lender of last resort’. (3)
11. Give a short note on ‘Insurance of Bank Deposit’. (3)
12 (a) Discuss the objectives of Credit Control of Central Bank. (5)
(b) Discuss the Inspection and Supervision functions of Central Bank. (5)
13. Discuss the advantages of ‘Internet Banking from Customer’s point of view. (5)
14 (a) Describe five characteristics of Trade Cycle. (5)
(b) Explain in brief the various phases of Trade Cycle.
15. What types of complaints are to be looked by Banking Ombudsman relating to banking services? (5)
16. Describe the Characteristics of Regional Rural Bank. (5)
17. Write the procedure of use of ATM Card. (5)
18. State in brief the procedure of opening a bank account in the name of a minor. (5)
19. Discuss the evolution, origin and growth of banking in India. (8)
20 (a) Describe the principles of Central Bank. (8)
(b) Explain four important points of difference between Central Bank and Commercial Bank. (8)
21 (a) Discuss the causes of inflation? (8)
(b) Explain the difficulties of Barter System.
22. Discuss the various essential conditions for successful Open Market Operation. (8)