Full Marks: 100
Pass Marks: 30
Time: Three Hours.
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions.
1. Answer the following questions:
a) Why is it said that management is pervasive? 1
b) What is the main objective of fatigue study? 1
c) What is the first step of staffing process? 1
d) When working capital becomes negative? 1
e) What is the other name of primary market? 1
f) What do you mean by Brand? 1
g) Name the association that has devised a code of conduct for Indian managers. 1
h) How management principles are derived? 1
2. Write two differences between authority and responsibility. 2
3. Give two points of distinction between training and development. 2
4. State two importance of supervision. 2
5. Mention two points of distinction between rules and policies. 2
6. Write two features of Capital Market. 2
7. Explain briefly the process of Controlling. 3
8. State three advantages of Management Information System. 3
State Return On Investment (ROI) as a technique of modern control.
9. Explain three factors affecting financing decision of a corporate organization. 3
Explain three basic areas of financial management.
10. State the importance of consumer protection from businessmen’s point of view. 3
Write three objectives of entrepreneurial development.
11. How complaints are redressed under the Consumer Protection Act 1986? 3
State any three functions of an entrepreneur in relation to economic development.
12. Outline briefly the process of planning. 5
State five leading importance of planning.
13. Distinguish between Taylor’s scientific management and Fayol’s principles of management. 5
14. What is liberalization? Explain the process of liberalization in India. 5
Discuss the impact of economic reforms on business and industry.
15. Explain five different off the job methods of training. 5
16. Give five reasons to support management as a profession. 5
17. State five functions of Stock Exchange in India. 5
18. What is packaging? What are its functions? 5
19. What do you mean by delegation of authority? What are its elements? Why delegation of authority is considered essential in management? 2+2+4=8
What are the steps in the process of organizing? State four points explaining the importance of organizing? 4+4=8
20. Explain Abraham Maslow’s theory on hierarchy of needs and mention the basic assumptions of the theory. 5+3=8
Outline the concept of leadership in management. What are the qualities of an ideal business leader? 2+6=8
21. Discuss four internal and external factors affecting capital structure decision of a company. 4+4=8
What are the aspects of dividend decision? Explain six factors affecting dividend decision of a company. 2+6=8
22. What is personal selling? State three advantages of personal-selling. How personal selling is helpful to the society? 2+3+3=8
State four components of physical-distribution. Why physical distribution is assuming greater importance day to day. 4+4=8