2019 (BUSINESS STUDIES)
Full Marks: 100
Pass Marks: 30
Time: Three hours
The figures in the margin indicate full marks for the questions
1. Answer the following questions: 8
a) What are the different types of business activities?
b) Business of Hindu University Family (HUF) are controlled and managed by one person known as _____.
c) Which organization is formed by state and central legislation?
d) Name two different types of banks.
e) What does ‘e’ stand for in e-business?
f) State the full form of BPO.
g) What is the status of debenture-holders?
h) A retailer is the link between _____ and _____.
2. Explain the concept of Business. 2
3. Give two distinctive features of a sole-proprietorship business. 2
4. What is meant by Multinational Corporation? 2
5. Define a cottage industry. 2
6. What is meant by promotion of a Company? 2
7. Discuss three factors responsible for environmental pollution. 3
8. Discuss the advantages of preference shares. 3
9. What are the objectives of WTO? 3
10. State any three differences between E-business and traditional business. 3
11. Discuss three limitations of E-business. 3
12. What is the role of profit in business? 5
13. What is business ethics? Mention the basic elements of business ethics. 5
14. Explain the steps involved in formation of a Private Limited Company. 5
15. Describe the role played by small business in the development of the country. 5
16. Explain the need for international business. 5
17. Define a retailer. Discuss the functions performed by a retailer. 5
18. Discuss the various facilities provided by a commercial bank to its customers. 5
19. Define Joint Venture. State the advantages and limitations of a joint venture. 2+6=8
What is meant by a Government Company? Discuss its merits and limitations. 2+6=8
20. What is ‘Memorandum of Association’? Explain its clauses. 3+5=8
Define ‘Articles of Association’. Write the differences between ‘Memorandum of Association’ and ‘Articles of Association’.
21. Discuss some of the sources of long term capital. 8
22. What is business risk? Explain its causes. 2+6=8
What are the factors that need to be considered while starting a business? Explain. 8