Law of sale of Goods
Contract of sale of Goods
- What is a contract of sale?
- What is an agreement to sell?
- Distinguish between a sale and an agreement to sell?
- What are specific goods?
- What are future goods?
- What are contingent goods?
- Explain clearly the essential elements which must co-exist for constituting a valid sale of goods. In what respect does a sale differ from an agreement to sell?
- What is contract of sale ? State its essential characteristics.
- Distinguish between a sale and a hire- purchases agreement.
Conditions and warranties
- Define a condition in a contract of sale.
- what is a warranty in a contract of sale.
- What is meant by caveat emptor?
- Distinguish between condition and warranty ?
- Under what circumstances the rule of caveat emptor is not applicable?
- (a) Define and distinguish between a condition and a warranty.
(b) Under what circumstances can a breach of condition be treated as a breach of warranty ?.
2. Explain briefly the implied condition and warranties in a contract of sale.
3. Explain the doctrine ‘caveat Emptor’ and state the exceptions to it.
Transfer of ownership
- What is meant by the term ‘property in good’?
- What is meant by deliverable state ?
- What is a C.I.F. contract ?
- Who can sell the goods?
- Who is a mercantile agent ?
- When does the property in the goods sold pass from the seller to the buyer ?
- Describe the rules relating to passing of property in the sale of goods.
- Discuss the nature of, C.I.F., F.O.B, and ex-ship contracts.
Performance of the contract
- What is meant by delivery?
- What are the various kinds of delivery of goods?
- In a buyer bound to accept delivery of goods by installments?
- Is the seller bound to afford the buyer a reasonable opportunity of examination for goods?
- Define the term ‘Delivery’. Discuss the rules relating to delivery in the sale of Goods Act.
- What remedy is available to the buyer if the seller makers (a) a delivery in excess of contract quantity; (b) a short delivery and (c) a delivery of contract goods mixed with other goods?
- What is an unpaid seller?
- 2. What is the right of an unpaid seller?
- When can an unpaid seller lose his lien on the goods?
- When can an unpaid seller resell the goods?
- When is a seller of the goods deemed to be an unpaid seller? What are the rights against the goods and the buyer personally?
- What is meant by an unpaid seller? Given the circumstances when an unpaid seller is entitled to a lien on the goods sold? When does he lose his lien?
- When is a seller of goods deemed to be an unpaid seller under the sales of Goods Act? When can an unpaid seller re-sell the goods? Explain.